Professor & Head - Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
A warm and affectionate welcome from the Department of Master of Computer Applications, New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore. The Department of Master of Computer Applications at NHCE was established in the year 2002 and offers Master of Computer Applications and PhD programs. The Department has a total strength of over 450 students, with highly qualified, motivated and experienced faculty members. The MCA Programme is started to nurture graduate students with a high level of professional performance and high employability prospects. MCA Department at NHCE has produced hundreds of professionals and has established a name for itself in the country and abroad. Our Alumni have consistently excelled in the highly competitive industrial environment, Best Employer/ awards in top-ranking companies. I attribute this success to the winning combination of a dedicated faculty that works hard at imparting quality education in the students.
The department has established its reputation by achieving almost 100% result for the entire pass out batches with many University Ranks. Amazing placements record and 100% placement assurance by providing training in soft skills, personnel development activities and team building. Department has state-of-the art labs supporting the curricula and designed to bring best out of students. The Department has a unique blend of quality conscious staff members with a strong sense of ethical and professional responsibility. The students are prepared to face the challenges of software industry with the help of competent faculties and quality infrastructure of departmental laboratories. Students, Infrastructure and Faculty are the three pillars of our growth. We’ve found that the majority of students continue to stay in touch with their teachers – calling for advice or to share success from all corners of the globe.
The Department offers various add-on training, placement drives and foundation programmes to inculcate a culture of teamwork and leadership qualities for achieving excellence in every walk of life. We always work with the motto "Nothing can be achieved without genuine effort." The core values of the department help the students to develop their overall personality and make them worthy technocrat to compete and work at global level.The department of MCA added another feather in its cap by being the first college in India to offer Adobe Experience Manager Course by Adobe India Ltd.
I am certain that our students will prove to be a valuable asset to an organization.
To be the source in bringing Competent Computing Professionals, Innovators , Researchers , Entrepreneurs and Leaders to serve the Industry, Nation and SocietyMISSION
- To provide world class computer education and cultivating technical skills to meet the challenging global needs and emerging trends in the industry.
- To enable students in acquiring strong academic skills and enhance knowledge towards innovation in research and development.
- To inculcate the professional behavior and leadership qualities with ethical responsibilities for the betterment of the society and empower them to become entrepreneurs.
To impart excellence in education and make students to be successful, ethical, effective solution providers and life-long learners who will contribute positively to the economic well-being of our nation.
Students of MCA Degree are offered jobs through campus recruitment by the Multinational Companies in any of the following positions during the final year of their course. The various positions are Software Engineer, Network Administrator, System Analyst, Database Administrator, Web Developer, System Administrator, Software Testing Engineer, Domain Consultant, System Engineer, Network Engineer, Project Developer, Hardware Engineer, Business Analyst, Research and Development, Hardware and Networking, Services and Application support. Students with MCA degree can avail a well rewarding career in the popular multinational companies where they are offered with the best pay package. Hence, career options after MCA Degree are wider particularly in the present Information Technology and Communication based world.Objectives
- To prepare the students for the Industry.
- To bring awareness in the latest trends in the Industry.
- To make the student to realize the positive transformations happening in them.
- Introspective class.
The Department of Master of Computer Applications offers MCA and PhD programmes, Autonomous and Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University.
MCA course provides a very strong foundation in IT fundamentals for the future-versatile IT professionals. This six semester course provides training to the students to develop excellent programming skills in various languages such a C, C++, JAVA ,VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#.NET, J2EE, ADOBE Experience Manager, VMWARE Virtualization Techniques, ANDROID STUDIO and GTK etc. They are also exposed to various operating system environments such as DOS, WINDOWS, LINUX, SUN SOLARIS.
Throughout the MCA programme, the students are exposed to a variety of application areas ranging from traditional business, finance, accounting, networks, multimedia and database management to computer-aided design and industrial production management systems. Taking the location advantages, the department organizes regular guest lecture programmes and industrial visits with leading industry experts. The department is well equipped with good infrastructural facilities, state-of-the-art Computer Labs and experienced faculty members. The curriculum includes a mini and main projects as a platform to show their hidden IT talents. By providing placements and project internships in leading MNC companies, excellent academic achievements with university ranks our institution had become one of the best MCA Colleges in Bangalore.Courses Offered
- Ph.D., in Computer Applications
MCA- 3 years (6 semesters) with each semester having duration of 16 weeks.Eligibility Criteria
Admission is open to the MCA course, to all the candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree recognized by VTU or who have passed any other examination recognized by VTU as equivalent thereto.
The candidates shall have passed the prescribed qualifying examinations with not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examinations. However, in the case of candidate belonging to SC/ST and any other groups classified by the Government of Karnataka for such purpose from time to time the aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations shall not be less than 45%.
- BOOK PUBLISHED BY FACULTIES 2015-16 and 2016-17...Click here
- PUBLICATIONS BY STUDENTS 2016-17...Click here
- PUBLICATIONS 2016-17...Click here
- PUBLICATIONS 2015-16...Click here
|S. No.||Book Title||Authors||Publishers|
|1||Operating Systems||M. Govindaraj||Thakur Publications|
|3||Object Oriented Analysis and Design||Dr.R.Chinnayan||Charulatha|
|4||Software Quality Management||Dr.R.Chinnayan||Charulatha|
|5||High Speed Networks||Dr.R.Chinnayan||Charulatha|
|6||User Interface Design||Dr.V. Ilango||Charulatha|
|7||Software Project Management||Dr.V.ilango||Charulatha|
- Basic Programming Lab
- Advanced Programming Lab
- Multimedia Lab
- Project Lab
- Internet lab
- R & D Lab
- Microsoft Office XP / 2003
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
- Macromedia Flash MX
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Adobe Distiller 5.0
- Adobe Reader 8.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005
- Oracle 9i / 10g
- Java 2 SDK, JRE
- Exceed X-ServerDev C++
- NetBeans 5.5
- Industry Expert Lecture on “Big Data HADOOP” was organized for MCA students on 11th November 2017. Click here for report
- Industrial visit to “Kirloskar Toyota” was organized for 1st Semester MCA students on 10th November 2017. Click here for report
- Industrial visit to “Centre for Development of Advanced Computing” was organized for 3rd Semester MCA students on 07th November 2017. Click here for report
- Industry Expert Lecture on “High-performance modeling and simulation for big data applications” was organized for MCA students on 7th October 2017. Click here for report
- Industry Expert Lecture on “PL/SQL” was organized for MCA students on 16th September 2017. Click here for report
- Guest Lecture on “Data Warehousing, Data Mining and Big Data” was organized by the Department of MCA on 16th September 2017. Click here for report
- Guest Lecture on “Hands-on Session on Software Quality and Testing” was organized by the Department of MCA on 9th September 2017. Click here for report
- Guest Lecture on “Block Chain Technology” was organized for MCA students on 12th August 2017. Click here for report
- Industry Expert Lecture on “Cyber Security & Cyber Law” was organized for MCA students on 12th August 2017. Click here for report
|S.No||Title||Title of the Enrichment Programme||Name of the External Expert||Date and Venue|
|1||Understanding Essentials of AEM||Guest Lecture||Mr. Srikanth kamaraju, Project Manager, Adobe Systems.||17.04.17|
|2||Content Management||Guest Lecture||Mr. Srikanth kamaraju, Project Manager, Adobe Systems.||13.04.17|
|3||VMWare Vsphere||Guest Lecture||Mr. Murali,Sr. Consultant,VMWare||03.04.17|
|4||Cloud Computing||Guest Lecture||Mr. Sharath M, Senior Consultant, Suventure Service Pvt Ltd.,||21.03.17|
|5||IOT: RaspberryPi||Guest Lecture||Mr. Sachin and Mr. Naveen cofounders from LaunchPod||28.02.2017|
|6||Industrial Visit||Industrial Visit||Infosys||21.9.2016|
|7||Payment Network Transactions||Guest Lecture||Mr.Kumar Piyush||27.8.2016|
|8||Computer Networks||Guest Lecture||Mr.Parthiban Ponnusamy||25.8.2016|
|9||Business Intelligence||Guest Lecture||Mr.Shanmugavel||07.05.2016|
|10||Automation Testing||Guest Lecture||Mr.Sadashivam Ramesh, Technical lead, Capgemini||27/04/2016|
|11||Big Data Future||Guest Lecture||Mr.Bharath Kumar, Technical Architect from Wipro, B’lore||13/04/2016|
|12||Multithreading in JAVA||Guest Lecture||Mr.Praveen Sinha Oracle, B’lore||27.02.2016|
|13||Ethical Hacking||Guest Lecture||CDAC, Electronic City, Bangalore||15/02/2016|
- "eNHanCE2018" a National level IT fest with the Tagline "Exploring Hidden Talents" on 5th April 2018 organized by MCA-NHCE
- “Yukthi V3.0” Student Technical Symposium in the Theme: Socio-Technical Transition in Agriculture on 23rd February 2018 organized by MCA NHCE
- Seminar on "Data Science &AI" Organized by Department of MCA on 14-02-2018 Click here for report
- Seminar on "Power Learning and Deep AI" Organized by Department of MCA on 09-02-2018
- One Day FDP on “Research Frontiers of Artificial Intelligence” .Click here for report
- Workshop on “Software Testing” was organized by the Department of MCA on 11th November 2017. Click here for report
- Department of MCA has launched “e-Rapid Share” department news letter on 28th October 2017. Click here for report
- Fresher’s Day for first year MCA students was organized by Department of MCA on 28th October 2017. Click here for report
- A three day “Bride Course” was conducted by the Department of MCA for 1st Semester MCA students on 4th, 5th & 6th October 2017. Click here for report
- Seminar on “Software Stacks for Software Products” was organized by the Department of MCA on 16th September 2017. Click here for report
- Two day workshop on “Hands-on Session on .NET” was organized by the Department of MCA on 31st August & 1st September 2017. Click here for report
- Faculty Development Program on “Impact of Artificial Intelligence in Digital Transformation” was organized by the Department of MCA on 25th July 2017. Click here for report
- Graduation Day Organized by Department of MCA on 22nd July 2017. Click here for report
|S.No||Title||Title of the Enrichment Programme||Name of the External Expert||Date and Venue|
|1||Understanding Data Evangelist in Data science||Seminar||Mr. Sambhav Kumar, CEO, Techieventures||07.04.17|
|2||Adobe in Design CS6||Workshop||Mr. Srikanth Kamaraju, Project Manager, Adobe Systems.||05.04.17|
|3||ANDROBOTS -Delving into Android||Workshop||Mr. Sharath S and Mr. Vijay S, Suventure technologies, Bangalore.||24th,25th and 28th March 2017|
|4||Project Development Using Data Structures||Seminar||Prof. S. Sathya Franklin||14.03.17 & 16.03.17|
|5||Infosys Campus Connect Program , FP5D Python||Workshop||SIT , Tumkur & Infosys||26-30.01.2017|
|6||Mobile Application Development Workshop||Workshop||ISE Dept. NHCE||30-31.01.2017|
|7||Digital Skill Readiness Program||Workshop||Wipro||09-21.01.2017|
|8||Virtualization Essentials||Workshop||VM ware||03-05.01. 2017|
|9||Theory of Computation and Cryptography||Workshop||Presidency College||11.01.2017|
|10||Solid practices on object Oriented Design and Programming||CSI Workshop||Mr.Datta, Software Developer, Amazon india development center||05.11.2016|
|11||Adobe Digital Centre for Excellence||Inaugural of Adobe Digital Centre for Excellence||Principal , Placement Officer Dr.V.Ilango & Team||13.10.2016|
|12||Confluence||Freshers Meet||III and II Year Students||21.10.2016|
|13||Hands on Experience on Salesforce.com||Workshop||Mr. Chandan Panigrahy, Programmer Analyst from Cedes Software Pvt. Ltd.,||22.10.2016|
|14||Technological Enhancements||Workshop||Mr.Mohan Mr.Elango Mr.Vijayakumar Mr.Udhay||22.10.2016|
|15||Data Mining & its Applications with Research Perspective||Seminar||Dr.V.Ilango||15.10.2016|
|16||Trends in IT and its Need||Seminar||Mr.Mohan Kumar & Mr.Ilangovan||24.9.2016|
|17||.NET and its Applications||Workshop||Mr.Nil Shah||24.09.2016|
|18||Role of mentoring in Higher Education||Workshop||Dr.V.Ilango||29.06.2016|
|19||Harnessing Small Satellites for Societal Applications||Workshop||Dr.C J Jagadeesha, Scientist,Regional Remote Sensing Center, South NRSC,ISRO||07.04.2016|
|20||Workshop on Women Empowerment||Workshop||Dr.Reena Jain,Students Counsellor||13.02.2016|
With Infosys Campus Connect we align the curriculum with the industry’s requirements and conducting the following programmes.
- Foundation Programme (Technical)
- Faculty Enablement Programme
- Soft Skills Programme
- Student Industrial Visit
- Deep Dive Technology: Train the Trainer Programme
- International Certificate in Data ware Housing
- International Certificate in Software testing
- International Certification on Redhat Linux
- Adobe Experience Manager
- VMware virtualization
NHCE Students International Trip to Germany - Click Here for more photos
International Trip!!!!! Europe Country !!!!........ Global Students of New Horizon College of Engineering along with faculty members started their International trip to Germany on 1st February 2017. We prayed Lord Ganesha for a safe and successful trip and departed to Kempegowda International Airport by bus.
After check-in formalities, we boarded the flight to Muscat and from there to Munich. We reached by 7 pm Germany local time, had dinner in an Indian Restaurant and checked in hotel Acardia, Munchen, had a dreamful sleep after a long flight journey which was important to start the next day with bang bang!!!!!
Day 2: Visit Technical University of Munich, where we were part of a seminar which was primarily based on aerospace works carried away by Professors and research scholars. At the end, Certificates were distributed to all the students and teachers. The second half was a visit to BMW museum, where we were beguiled and fascinated by the display of classic old cars and wide array of colorful cars.
Day 3: Tour to Salzburg, a city in Austria, 2-hour journey from Munich. We enjoyed the scenic beauty and remembered the film SOUND of MUSIC shot there at different locations. The snow fields came in disguise of a paradise and playing with snowballs invoked the kid in us. We also witnessed the famous Mozart house and Lake. Way back to Munich, visit The hanger 7 Red bull museum too.
Day 4: City tour of Munich: There was a lovely lady guide who introduced to the city by briefing about the architectures and other cultural heritages, very popular Oktoberfest, and history of Munich. The Munich City tour followed by the unimaginable visit to ALLIANZ ARENA, the 2nd largest football stadium situated in Munich. It was indeed a dream for every football fan to visit Allianz Arena and we have completely jumped out of joy as we entered into the huge stadium. After that, The Opera House, which had a street stretched with a wide array of shops, where we did the shopping.
Day 5: We started our trip to Stuttgart, which is 350 km from Munich and had a small city tour. The young lady guide explained about the city which is rich in architecture that has stories depicting reign of various kings. By 4 pm, we were at the AUDI factory, where we were shown the MAKING of AUDI car, completely automated process. For 2 hours, we were spellbound and watched the robots involved in the making of AUDI cars according to customer specifications. They make 2700 cars a day, which means around 105 cars per hour!!!!!! After dinner checked into Mercury, a four-star hotel. We have enjoyed the hotel amenities and delicious breakfast, the next day morning.
Day 6: Visit Porsche Museum, and was guided through the development of cars with the help of an audio guide. The real beauty of cars and their evolution…... just like other places the cars were mesmerized us, and later we headed towards Munich. After a fast shopping time, we reported to the Munich airport for our journey back to Namma Bengaluru.
Day 7: We landed in KIA around 1.30 pm and came back to college by bus, thanked almighty for providing us a safe and a happy memorable trip. All of us felt that the Trip to Germany seemed to have flown too fast!!!!!!!!!!!
We wholeheartedly thank our management and NHCE for giving us an opportunity for providing us a wonderful trip to Germany, which was a perfect blend of learning and entertainment which we will cherish forever in our lifetime.
- FOSS – Free Open Source Software Club
- EDAP – e-Designing and Publishing Club
- ACT - Adobe Creative Tech Club
ACT - Adobe Creative Tech Club
Objective:To infuse technical knowledge related to Adobe Tools in order to make students Industry Ready.
- To explore and enhance Technical Knowledge of students with respect to Adobe Tools
- To impart students with Advanced technical developments
- To make students to understand Digital Marketing Strategies.
FOSS – Free Open Source Software Club
- To provide hands-on experience in Open Source Software programming ,development and hosting.
- Propel technical talents in the field of FOSS.
- Explore new arenas of FOSS across the globe.
- Provide training to students in FOSS.
EDAP– e-Designing and Publishing Club
- To provide hands-on experience in Web Designing and e-Publishing with industrial experts.
- Propel technical talents in the field of Web Designing and Publishing
- Explore new arenas of Web Designing and Publishing across the globe
- Provide training to students in Web Designing and e-Publishing