The ‘New Horizon College of Engineering (NHCE)’ is a renowned educational institution dedicated to bring changes in the society not only through creating quality education but also by supporting students and whole ecosystem to build more job creators then job seekers an initiative towards ‘AtamaNirbharBharat Abhiyan’. NHCE has established its self-funded incubation centre, “New Horizon Council for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (NHCIIE), CIN: U88900KA2023NPL178028, Not-for-Profit License (NPL) Company under Section 8(1) of the Company Act, 2013, [Formerly, New Horizon Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (NCHIIE)], as Incubation/Pre incubation facility. It has dedicated infrastructure facilities like Workspaces, Innovation Lab, Discussion rooms, ED Cell and IPR Cell. The Incubation Centre is upgraded with built-up area of more than 3000 sq. ft., with separate space for ED Cell of more than 700 sq. ft. and IPR Cell of more than 600 sq. ft. built- up area. They have facilities for technology incubation, work stations and board room. During the academic year 2022-23, we have achieved 38 MSME – Udyam Registrations and 06 Private Limited Incorporations with Ministry of Corporate Affairs, incubated by the NHCIIE. For co-creation of I&E activities, we have collaborated with reputed industries for various supporting to the NHCIIE. NHCIIE aims to focus and foster a vibrant ecosystem for the innovation and provide a unique platform for the students, Alumni, and faculties of NHCE to fulfil their academic dreams and develop independent thinking to achieve goals of life. It welcomes the innovative ideas of students, nurture them and provide a positive direction to these ideas, hand hold, mentor students to transform them into real innovators leading to the successful entrepreneurs.
For financial year 2022-2023 NHCE has allocated a budget of 1% of Annual Budget towards various Entrepreneurship initiatives. The primary objective is to inculcate entrepreneurship and motivate students to start ventures to solve various grass root level problems through the initiatives including:
- In-house intercollegiate events
- Organizing awareness talks by entrepreneurs or alumni
- Organizing field exposure events for innovation and entrepreneurship skill
- Sponsoring initiatives for entrepreneurship development at the state and national
The overarching objectives of the centre are:
- To inculcate innovative mindset & entrepreneurial skills among student and alumni.
- To create start-up ecosystem.
- To catalyse start-up ecosystem by aiding related to enhancing knowledge, mentoring, legal, financial, technological, intellectual property related to cost-effective infrastructural support and value-added services.
- To foster collaboration between student and faculties to assist research and creative designs.
- To convert practice venture into real venture by focussing on market opportunity and customer needs.
- To act as a launchpad to inspire students to develop innovative ideas under the umbrella of Centre of innovation, incubation and entrepreneurship.
Dr. Sanjeev Sharma
Prof & Dean – Quality Assurance,
Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship
Dr. Piyush Kumar Soni
Professor and Head – Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship
Coordinator – National Innovation & Startup Policy (NISP)