Computer Society of India is the first and largest body of computer professionals in India. It was started on 6 March 1965 by a few computer professionals and has now grown to be the national body representing computer professionals. It has 72 chapters across India, 511 student branches, and 100,000 members. It brings quarterly journals, monthly communication and local newsletter. CSI has International affiliations with IEEE-CS, IFIP, SEARCC, etc.
- IT for masses.
MISSION – Bangalore Chapter
- Capable of making a difference to the community through IT and be a trusted advisor to the IT policy makers
- Provide value add to sponsors, delegates, students, IT and membership
- Educate IT users on appropriate usage (safe, secure, legal and ethical) of IT
- To exchange views and information, learn and share ideas
- It aims for the advancement of theory and practice of Computer Engineering and Technology Systems, Science and Engineering, Information Processing and related Arts and Sciences
- 10-20% discount on all CSI hosted events
- Special rates for CSI supported events
- 20% discount on membership of IEEE Computer Society (IEEE-CS)
- CSI Communications (monthly) and CSI Journal (quarterly)
- CSI members can apply for CICC training courses conducted at Japan
- CSI promotes and provides financial support for research work in contemporary areas in IT and Computer Science
We are extremely happy to announce that New Horizon College of Engineering has received the most coveted and prestigious “Best Accredited Student Branch Award” from the Computer Society of India for the academic year 2018-2019. This award was presented for organizing the highest number of quality events and activities.
We are proud to announce that New Horizon College of Engineering has received the “Largest Student Branch Award” from the Computer Society of India for the academic year 2018-2019. This award was presented for the highest number of student enrolment and the highest number of activities organized.
These awards were presented in the CSI 53rd Annual National Convention-2020, Theme: Digital Democracy – IT for Change, scheduled @ KIIT University, Bhuvaneswar, Odisha from 16-18, January 2020. These awards were presented in the midst of :-
- Dr. K.K.Agarwal, Chairman, NBA
- Hon’ble Justice, Mr. Sanjay K.Mishra
- Prof. Achyuta Samanta, Founder Chairman, KIIT, Hon’ble Member of Parliament
- Prof. Mike Hincky, President IFIP – NASA awardee
- Dr. Gulsan Rai, Cybersecurity advisor, Prime Minister Office, Govt of India
DR. B Rajalakshmi,
Student Branch Counsellor
Phone: 08066297777 – 2040 / 2041
New Horizon College of Engineering
Outer Ring Road, Near Marathahalli,
Bellandur Main Road, Bengaluru,