The World of Business is growing at a rate we never imagined, which is why the need for multiskilled professionals is at its highest. The competitive and challenging environment we live in requires us to bring in our best foot forward and take up multiple roles and responsibilities. At a time like this having expertise in more than one field is imperative, a Dual Specialization MBA (Masters in Business Administration) allows you to do exactly that.
So, what is a Dual Specialization?
A dual specialization MBA (Master in Business Administration) is a two-year program that allows you to choose two fields in which you want to acquire efficiency in, students also take up electives in the final year of their MBA programme and at the end of the course attain a masters level degree in 2 years in 2 fields, one major and one minor along with value added programs and certifications of any affiliations that the college may have on an internal level. One may make the choice for their major and minor based on personal interests or the current market trends.
It is a known fact that majority of the students that finish their under graduation look at MBA as the next step in their educational careers, there are multiple reasons to that. MBA allows individuals to shift their outlook from small scale business structure and functionality to large scale businesses that affect millions, it takes one through the nitty gritty-s providing a vast perspective of the world of business. A student who pursues an MBA Degree become experts in the field they choose, through in-depth practical knowledge that assists in credibility, networking with industry influencers and peers who come from a variety of backgrounds.
That being said, the world is evolving and so is the market. In a situation so dynamic every industry giant wants to hire professionals that are multiskilled and whose area of expertise goes beyond just one field. Let us take a deeper lunge at why a Dual MBA Specialization is the need of the hour:
- Multiskilled: as mentioned earlier every industry wants to hire professionals that specialize in more than one field. This benefits their organization; they can extract more from one individual without having to depend on two or more. This also directly increases your employability and makes you more appealing as a candidate for the market. Moreover, having an in-depth understanding of two fields in the business sector allows you to broaden your horizon and expand your perspective. You can look at one issue and solve it keeping in mind the entire business structure.
- Increased Salary: being multiskilled and having a higher demand in the market means employers find you beneficial to the organization for which they are ready to increase their general salary structure for your position.
- Job Security: at any point of time, be it a pandemic or recession, losing a job not only sounds but is drastic and tragic. Dual MBA holders are at benefit at any such time because they possess more knowledge and skills than others among them to solve complex problems.
- Ingenius: a dual specialization gives each student the rare opportunity of saving time and value for money. It is cost effective and saves you 2 years. The degree however, does not compromise on the kind of learning and perspective you attain; a win-win from every aspect.
- Corporate Ladder: we all know how time taking and difficult getting promotions can be, a dual MBA cuts down the time by half and allows you to be promoted swiftly in any industry.
- Credibility: an MBA makes you credible in general, a Dual Specialization MBA doubles that in every aspect and makes your presence imperative to every organization.
- Versatility: knowing what you want is crucial for every student but sometimes life has other plans, one may not relate with their subject of choice or want to experiment and try out different sectors. If you like challenges and adventures a Dual MBA gives you the chance to try out two fields without wasting time while still being committed.
A Dual Specialization is the current key to success in the ever-evolving market. It enhances your perspective, challenges you, gives you better opportunities and the right tools to make it out as a brilliant and skilled businessperson.
Here are 4 examples of trending Dual Specialization MBA:
MBA in Finance and Business Analytics:
Increased opportunities and detailed knowledge in two unique, modern, and versatile fields. With the sudden increase in start-ups and technological advancements in the last decade, this course allows you to be backed by power and knowledge coupled with skills to help any company grow. Business Analytics trains a student to be ready in business fundamentals such as accounting, strategy, finance, and marketing whereas Finance teaches students to be prepared to control, manage, and review the capital required for an industrial plant, building, and working. The current day shift to technology brings about vast options in Business (Business Analytics) and Finance, a combination of the two is imperative to the world of professionals. It is distinct and brings about an array of opportunities making it one of the top most preferred Dual MBA specializations.
MBA in Business Analytics and Operations Management:
An MBA in both Business Analytics and Operations Management is one of the top trending combinations for students to take up. Business Analytics teaches one to manage finances, accounts, and strategy, while Operations Management helps one to find the best conceivable way to finish a task and ensure efficiency through it in redesigning and production. Through Operations Management one can maintain optimum results in customer reviews or services, through efficient ways of producing or manufacturing by planning, organizing, and supervising. The analytical and creative framework of this course puts a student among top professionals with completely fresh problem-solving methods, that is only one of the reasons why it is has a high regard in the business world.
MBA in HR and Operations Management:
An MBA in HR (Human Resources) is essential to run the workforce of an organization. A professional with an MBA in HR can recruit, manage and guide the people working in an organization. They are also able to introduce and train recruits to the culture of the organization. HRs (Human Resources) are required in every industry and levels of firms because they are the ones that maintain the balance, culture and ethos of hundreds of people that are otherwise different but work in the same place. Operations Management on the other hand is essential for any company to maintain optimum results in customer reviews or services, through efficient ways of producing or manufacturing by planning, organizing, and supervising.
Being able to support a company and helping it grow through operations management and HR can be of great advantage and need for organizations since they are always on the lookout to better their ways by being resourceful and having a stern yet employee-friendly work culture. For someone that is interested in starting off on their own too, this dual degree can be of prime importance.
MBA in Marketing and Business Analytics:
Marketing, in absolutely any field, is inevitable, making it one of the most sought-after management courses of all time. It has also been the course with the most rapid developments and digital transformations, creating a vast expansion and scope for those pursuing this field. Marketing helps a company increase sales and popularize the brand through promotions, media, entertainment, advertisements and sales. Whereas Business Analytics trains a student to be ready in business fundamentals such as accounting, strategy, finance, and marketing. Being able to look at two of the most prime requisites for a company’s success makes one play a crucial role in organizational development, which is exactly why this course is one of the trending MBA courses currently.
NHCE’s (New Horizon College of Engineering) MBA Department is not only recognized as one of the top 10 MBA colleges in Bangalore but is also considered as one of the top ranked MBA colleges in India. They offer a 2-year Dual Specialization Program to students, one as Major and one as Minor in the areas of Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Business Analytics. The best MBA colleges in Bangalore include value-added courses, certifications, curriculum and practical approach increases curiosity, instils creative complex-problem-solving methods and an in-depth knowledge about the market in each field. It is easy to say that this department churns out skilled and multifaceted professionals that are accepted readily into industry giants.
If you wish to be a part of this complex yet exciting business world then NHCE is the place for you, here is your chance at an MBA college admission from one of the top MBA colleges in Bangalore among the list of MBA colleges in Bangalore. Make sure to fill in the admission form and learn more about the MBA Department!
Dual MBA Specializations are imperative for those looking to be professionals in current day and age. They are required by the industry and also important for growth in it. The market as we mentioned is dynamic and always evolving, and so should you!