Ragging is totally banned in the campus and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging is liable to be punished as it is a criminal offence.
Ragging is a criminal offence as per the Karnataka Educational Act 1983 and the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. NEW HORIZON COLLEGE, KASTURINAGAR ensures strict compliance on the prevention of Ragging in any form.
Objectives of Anti-Ragging Cell
- To create the awareness among the students of dehumanizing effects of ragging inherent in its perversity.
- To keep a continuous watch and vigilance over ragging so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
- To promptly and stringently deal with the incident of ragging brought to our notice.
- To generate an atmosphere of discipline by sending a clear message that no act of ragging in college campus.
- Government/University Grants Commission (UGC), guidelines notified vide no.F.1-16/2009 (CPP-II) dated 21-10-2009 on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 (Under Section 26(1) (g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956) are strictly implemented at New Horizon College, Kasturinagar.
- In addition to the above, those students who indulge in the acts of ragging shall attract the punishments as applicable, which include any one or combination thereof
- Expulsion from the Institution/ Suspension from the classes
- Fine with a public apology
- Withholding of scholarship or other benefits extended to those involved in ragging
- Debarring from representation in cultural or sports events, or any other representation in events for which the student(s) may have been selected
- No placement assistance to students found guilty of ragging.
- Filing of a complaint by the affected student with the Police Authority (as per the Supreme Court’s Directive).
- The Institution will punish or reprimand the student in guilt, either by itself or by following procedures, administrative or otherwise, by constituting a special Enquiry Committee and put forth its findings or recommendations before the competent authority to take a decision.
- Students are encouraged to report any ragging act witnessed or experienced by them to the Principal, Student counselor, Faculty, Student Affairs and Grievances Committee or other any staff member with whom the student may feel comfortable. The Institution ensures the confidentiality of such a disclosure by the student.
|Sl no||Name of the Person||Designation||Position held|
|1||Dr. Sunita Hangal||Director||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. A.R. Sainath||Principal||Co-Ordinator|
|3||Mrs. Prathima K||Lecturer||Coordinator|