STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM AT NHCE
During the past two years, NHCE has actively partnered with the Ministry of National Education, France in various educational activities and collaborations. On 12/03/2018, an agreement was signed between NHCE and the Ministry of National Education, France to facilitate student-exchange programs between NHCE and various universities in France.
As a result of this agreement and a number of visits to France by the NHCE delegation, 45 seventh semester students from all the B.E branches embarked and successfully completed a 11 week student exchange program in reputed universities in France starting Sept 2018. The Universities in France have provided this rare opportunity to our students to experience their educational system, technology and culture.
The IInd Batch of study abroad program students will leave for France in the month of September 2019.
The following are the Universities in France which have selected our students for the exchange program.
- University of Rouen
- University of Le Havre
- ESIGELEC Rouen (Grand Ecole (French Ivy))
- CESI Rouen
- INSA Rouen
- ISPA Alencon
An MoU was signed among the French Ministry of National Education (MEN), Schneider Electric India Private Limited (SEI)and New Horizon College of Engineering on 20th September, 2017.
New Horizon College of Engineering has signed an MoU with the French Ministry of National Education to assist in making available for international exchange of students and staff with French Universities.The MoU also importantly includes the setting up of an Incubation Center at New Horizon College of Engineering in partnership with Schneider Electric.
The Study Abroad Exchange Programme for the students will start from the coming semester for the autonomous batch.
The French Ministry of National Education represented by Mme. Marianne de Brunhoff, Director to European and International Relations and Cooperation of the French Ministry of National Education, Schneider Electric India Private Limited represented by Mr. Srinivas Chebbi, President, President – Buildings Business, International Operations and New Horizon College of Engineering represented by its Chairman, Dr. Mohan Manghnani signed the MoU to establish a Centre of Excellence specialized to train teachers and young Engineering students.
The Preamble of the understanding is to establish and run a Centre of Excellence in the field of Electricity, Automation and Energy Management within the premises of New Horizon College of Engineering to train teachers, engineering graduates.
The French Ministry of National Education (MEN) will coordinate and organize the development of exchange and cooperation among the different systems of education in numerous countries. Schneider Electric (SEI) will train the trainers and young engineers and technicians in the field of electricity, automation and energy management. The purpose of SEI programme is to create Industry academic links and to promote Industry related education and modern teaching pedagogy. The aim is to share its experience and knowledge with academic institutions for engineers not only to learn the jobs and skills for now but also to prepare for the future.
French Ministry of National Education (MEN)
- Promotion of French know-how in pedagogical engineering in the field of technical education
- Promotion of the Academic-Industry concept ensuring vocational training in line with market needs.
- Participation is setting up of strategic course of study for technical and pedagogical training of Indian teachers
- Exposure and skills’ development for the French professor on long-term mission in Bangalore
- Creation of Educational Exchanges with India
Schneider Electric India Private Limited (SEI)
- Participation in the training of Indian technical teachers, engineering students
- Participation in the modernization and standardization of the curricula in the training programmes
- Having the expertise of the French Professor on long term overseas assignment at the Centre of Excellence.
New Horizon College of Engineering (NHCE)
- Getting technical and pedagogical help through the presence of a skilled expert deputed from the French Ministry of National Education (MEN) on long term assignment in Bangalore
- Development of a course of study for training of trainers in rapidly evolving sectors in terms of technology and teaching methods in partnership with companies.
- Promotion of a skilled ecosystem through an international partnership in technical education with the world leader in electricity, automation and energy management.
- Enrichment of its expertise by the development of an educational cooperation with the French Ministry of National Education
- Displaying a new pedagogical strategies by developing sustainable Academic Industry links
- Making optimum of the Centre of Excellence for Training of Trainer (ToT), Training of Assessor (ToA), high end research and innovation, content development.
The Centre of Excellence will be called as “Centre of Excellence Indian-French in Electricity, Automation and Energy – Schneider Electric”