M.Tech in Cyber Forensics and Information Security
The Department of Information Science and Engineering offers M.Tech in Cyber Forensics and Information Security, Autonomous and affiliated to VTU, from the academic year 2019-2010. The course is designed to extent employment, education and entrepreneurial opportunities to the students. With the rapid expansion of the internet, cybercrime and malicious software deployments are on the increase. There is a need for security professionals who can protect assets and information by securing networks and computer systems. The goal of this course is, for students to maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and skills to allow them to minimize the occurrence and severity of information security incidents.
The Course provides an in-depth knowledge in the field of in Cyber Forensics and Information Security. The Master of in Cyber Forensics and Information Security develops skills in discovering and recording digital forensic evidence of cybercrimes and malicious behavior by extracting data from networks, hard drives, cell phones and other digital devices. The program is designed in such a way that the student can exercise number of field works on Cyber issues and can explore their research and development skills in the course of the project works. The curriculum is spread over the duration of 4 semesters in 2 years.Objectives & Activities
- To impart and equip students to design security procedures and policies
- Enable students to deal with the current information security challenges, problems and facilitate them to implement projects in the areas critical to national security.
- To train the students to find out the digital evidences and presenting evidences in a manner that leads to legal action on the offenders.
Professionals who specialized in Cyber Forensics and Information Security can play an important role in the industry such as Chief Information Security Officer, Forensic Computer Analyst, Information Security Analyst, Penetration Tester, Information Security Crime Investigators, Security Architect, IT Security Engineer, Security Systems Administrator, IT Security Consultant etcOverview
- Ethical Hacking
- Information Security
- Operating System Security
- Cyber Crime and Cyber Forensics
- Cyber Laws and Ethics
- File System Forensic Analysis
- Preserving and Recovering Digital Evidence
- Secured Programming