Dr. Anitha S Rai
HOD - Library & Information Center
The NHCE Library is a resource center for teaching, learning & research. Being the heart of the academic center, it is home for all the information services. It plays a proactive role in enabling access to information resources of all kind and providing innovative, responsive and effective services to meet the changing needs of the academic community.
The major objective of our library is to provide authentic information to the student at any given point of time. The library is spread over two floors with 605 seating capacity, state of art digital library, Adobe Digital Center of Excellence, ID-Card Center, Video Conference Room, Online class room with recording facility, Students Discussion Rooms, Faculty Discussion Room, and Books & Stationery shops are available in the Ground Floor and Stack Area, Reference Section, Circulation Counter, OPAC Search, Journals/Magazines and Newspaper Sections are made available at the Lower Level of the library building. The Library holds a hybrid collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visuals, CDs/DVDs, e-books, e-journals, reports, course materials, previous years question papers, bound volumes, project reports, case studies, conference proceedings, training manuals, etc. Currently the library holds over 46505 volumes, 68 print journals, provides access to electronic resources, newspapers and business magazines, and 4198 multimedia resources, and also have institutional membership of ISTE, CSI, DELNET, IETE, and IEI.
Empowering NHCE research and learning community with expertise, innovative services and outstanding collection in a networked world.
To provide physical and virtual spaces respond to its users to enrich the learning experiences and to multiply the ways in which people can pursue excellence.
- Library Spread Over Two Floor
- Stack Area
- Reference Section
- Periodicals, Newspaper and Magazine Section
- Reading Hall
- State of the Art Digital Library
- Adobe Digital Center of Excellence
- Video Conference Room
- Online Classroom with Recording Facility (e-shikshana)
- Students Discussion Rooms
- Faculty Discussion Room
- Books and Stationary Shop
- Coffee and Tea Point
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
- Online Reservation
- Institutional Repository
- Reprographic Service
- Document Scanning
- Document Printing
- Inter Library Loan
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
- Overnight Circulation
- E-mail Reminder
- SMS Alert
- Online Lecture
- Organising Book Exhibition
- News Paper Clippings
- Similarity or Plagiarism Checking Service (Turnitin)
|NON – BOOK MATERIALS|
|CD- ROMs and DVDs||4215|
|No. Of Bound Volumes||1387|
- MONDAY – SATURDAY 8.00 A.M – 06.30 P.M
- HOLIDAYS 9.00 A.M – 5.00 P.M
- MONDAY - SATURDAY 9.00 A.M – 6.00 P.M
- Identity card should be shown at the checkpoint.
- Leave your bags, handbags and personal belongings at the depository/property counter.
- Students are prohibited from carrying any notebook inside the reference section except loose sheets.
- No person shall write on, damage or make any mark on any book, journal or other material belonging to the library.
- Books should be handled with great care and damage of books in any manner will be heavily fined.
- Students can retain the books for two weeks only, after which a fine of Rs.1/- Per book per day (Rs.2/- after 15 days) will be charged.
- Students can borrow three books, 2cds, 2 Periodicals at a time.
- Renewals are allowed only when there is no claim by others. No phone renewal will be entertained.
- A borrowed book if recalled by the Librarian must be returned immediately.
- Online reservation can be done for a book, which is already lent out. Reserved books are kept separately in circulation counter for two days for each member.
- Maintain a Queue at the circulation counter.
- Wearing ID-Card is compulsory.
- Usage of mobile phone is prohibited.
|Sl. No||Database Name||Website Address|
|1||Elsevier (E-journals & e-Books)||https://www.sciencedirect.com/|
|2||Taylor & Francis (E-Books)||http://www.crcnetbase.com/|
|3||Taylor & Francis (E-Journals)||http://www.tandfonline.com/|
|4||Springer Nature (E-Journals & E-Books)||http://link.springer.com/|
|5||Institution of Civil Engineers ( ICE ) (E-Journals & Conference Proceedings)||https://www.ice.org.uk|
|6||Knimbus Digital Library (Search Platform, App, Remote Access)||http://www.knimbus.com/|
|8||McGraw Hill Education (E-Books)||http://mcgrawhilleducation.pdn.ipublishcentral.com|
|9||New Age Publishers||https://digital.elib4u.com/|
|11||Netanalytiks (Writing Tool)||https://sententia.online/|
|12||Turnitin (Similarity Check)||https://www.turnitin.com/|
Open Access E-Journals
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- Gateway for Free E-Journals
- Indian Academy of Science
- Indian Journals
- NISCAIR Research Journals
- Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- Bentham Science Publishers
- Indian Journal of Science & Technology
- Journal of Digital Information (JoDI)
- Advances in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
- HighWire Press
- 24/7 open, 365 days
- Individual cubicles and group discussion rooms are provided for individual and group learning
- Online classroom
- Video Conference room
- The NHCE library provides a well-established Digital Library and Adobe Digital Center of Excellence where students can access institutional repository, electronic resources, Guest Lectures and video lectures.
- Project assistance with regard to providing rare collections
- To give guidance for an academic project like open source software, Apps, etc.
- Online discussion forums
- To conduct a quiz competition to upgrade their current general knowledge in core areas
- Special lecture on plagiarism, reference tools, information search tools and techniques
- The library staff visits other libraries to assimilate their viable practices and make efforts to adopt the methods.
- Providing internship program to M.L.I.Sc. Students for a month or two.
- Book Exhibition will be organized once in a year
- Extended library opening hours as per the students' requirements.
- The information literacy program is conducted every year for our students and teachers
- To receive an online feedback from students with regard to facilities, resources, and service. It gives an opportunity to enhance library facilities, services, and resources. Students' feedback is also taken through the suggestion box
- A erudite Library homepage is created for information dissemination.
- 24/7 Access to Electronic Resources through remote access
- Web OPAC is available for our students and faculty members to check the availability of resources and they can also login to their personal account to see which books and CDs are borrowed from the library and its due date.
- Students can make online reservation for Books through the OPAC
- The library sends an E-mail reminder to collect reserved books from the Library.
- SMS Alert through http://way2sms.com(free website) is used for sending messages to the students.
- Two more books are issued to the Branch Toppers every Semester.
Book Exhibition during Vivekananda's 154th Birthday
|NAME||QUALIFICATION||DESIGNATION||PHONE NO AND E-MAIL|
|Dr. Anitha S Rai||M.L.I.Sc., MCom, MPhil, Ph.D||Head- Library and Information Center||+91-80-6629 7777; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Prashanth||D.Lib., (M.A)||Library Executiveemail@example.com|
|Ms. Radha M||B.L.I.Sc.||Library Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.Vinayak Kubihal||M.L.I.Sc.||Library Officeremail@example.com|
|Ms. Vijayashree M||M.L.I.Sc.||Library Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Bhanu Mohan||M.L.I.Sc.||Library Officeremail@example.com|
|Mr. Ramanjineya R||M.L.I.Sc., K.SET||Library Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. V. J. Sudharsan Rao||M.C.A, M.L.I.Sc.||Lab Instructoremail@example.com|
|Mr. Mallesh Y||Dip. CSE||Lab Instructorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Roja Bai||M.L.I.Sc.||Library Officer||-|
Head-Library and Information Center
New Horizon College of Engineering
Ring Road, Near Marathalli,
Bangalore – 560 103, INDIA
Tel : +91-80-6629 7777
Fax : +91-80-2844 0770.