NHCE Library is a resource center for teaching, learning & research. Being the heart of the academic center, it is home for all the information services. It plays a proactive role in enabling access to information resources of all kind and providing innovative, responsive and effective services to meet the changing needs of the academic community.
The major objective of our library is to provide right information/knowledge to the right users at the right time. Library has spread over two floors with 605 seating capacity, state of art digital library, E-Learning Center, Video Conference Room, Online class room with recording facility, Students Discussion rooms, Faculty discussion room, and Books & Stationary shop are available in the Ground Floor and Stack Area, Reference Section, Circulation Counter, OPAC Search, Journals/Magazines and Newspaper Section are made available in Lower Level of the library building. The Library holds a hybrid collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visuals, CDs/DVDs, e-books, e-journals, reports, course materials, previous years question papers, Bound Volumes, Project Reports, case studies, conference proceedings, training manuals, etc. Currently the library holds over 43735 books, 73 print journals, provides access to Electronic Resources , newspapers and business magazines, and 4000 multimedia resources. And also have Institution membership of ISTE, CSI, DELNET, IETE, and IEI.
To provide physical and virtual spaces respond to its users to enrich the learning experiences and to multiply the ways in which people can pursue excellence.
Empowering NHCE research and learning community with deep expertise, innovative services and outstanding collections in a networked world.
To adhere the reputation of being able to channel our human resources and guide the transformation process of every individual’s dream into a reality.
To provide education services of the highest quality both curricular and co-curricular so that our students can integrate skills and serve industry and society equally well at the Global level.
- Library Spread Over Two Floor
- Stack Area
- Reference Section
- Periodicals, Newspaper and Magazine Section
- Reading Hall
- Sate of the Art Digital Library
- Adobe Digital Center of Excellence
- Video Conference Room
- Online Classroom with Recording Facility
- Students Discussion Rooms
- Faculty Discussion Room
- Books and Stationary Shop
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
- Online Reservation
- Institutional Repository
- Reprographic Service
- Document Scanning
- Document Printing
- Inter Library Loan
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
- Overnight Circulation
- E-mail Reminder
- SMS Alert
- Online Lecture
- Organising Book Exhibition
- News Paper Clippings
|NON – BOOK MATERIALS|
|CD- ROMs and DVDs||4000|
|No. Of Bound Volumes||1165|
Ground Floor – 24 Hrs 365 Days
- MONDAY – SATURDAY 8.00 A.M – 06.30 P.M
- HOLIDAYS 9.00 A.M – 5.00 P.M
- MONDAY - SATURDAY 9.00 A.M – 6.00 P.M
- Identity card should be shown at the checkpoint.
- Leave your bags, handbags and personal belongings at the depository/property counter.
- Students are prohibited to carrying any notebook inside the reference section except loose sheets.
- No person shall write on, damage or make any mark on any book, journal or other material belonging to the library.
- Books should be handled with great care and mutilation of books in any manner will be heavily fined.
- Students can retain the books for two weeks only, after which a fine of Rs.1/- Per book per day (Rs.2/- after 15 days) will be charged.
- Students can borrow three books, two CDs, two Magazines, two Journals at a time.
- Renewals are allowed only when there is no claim by others. No phone renewal entertained.
- A borrowed book if recalled by the Librarian has to be returned immediately.
- Online reservation can be done for a book, which is already lent out. Reserve books are kept separately in circulation counter for two days for each member.
- Maintain Queue at circulation counter.
|Sl. No||Database Name||Website Address|
|1||IEEE Xplore Digital Library||http://ieeexplore.ieee.org//|
|3||Taylor & Francis (E-Books)||http://www.crcnetbase.com/|
|4||Taylor & Francis (E-Journals)||http://www.tandfonline.com/|
|5||Springer (E-Journals & E-Books)||http://link.springer.com/|
|6||ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers )||http://ascelibrary.org|
|7||KNimbus Digital Library||http://www.knimbus.com/|
|8||Proquest (Engineering )||http://search.proquest.com/|
For Username & Password Contact Librarian
The lecture halls are airy,spacious and well ventilated ,in conformity with international standards.Extensive use of audio-visual media enables the students to grasp advance technology quite easily.Seminar Halls are utilized for conducting seminars, workshops, guest lecturers and various other intellectual activities.
A 700 seater Auditorium built to international standards for intellectual activities like paper presentations,seminars,workshops,debates and inter-collegiate competitions.Guest lectures for the students and faculty conducted here regularly.The Campus Recreational center is named as lt.col.Niranjan student’s recreational center.The center houses a well equipped in-door gymnasium and various other in-door games,like Table Tennis,carrom,Chess etc.A Fleet Comfortable,well -maintained buses have been provided for the students.
Campus Features well equipped gymnasium,both out-door and in-door which creates a personalize environment for the students to pursue their fitness goals.Experienced trainers appointed to help the students to meet their fitness goals.
Gymnasium helps the students in the Following :
- Create a student focused workout environment that promote confidence in them to celebrate success.
- To help them set new fitness goals
The College Cafeteria is spacious,clean and hygienic,offering varieties of North Indian,South Indian and Chinese cuisine.
New Horizon Hostels have been constructed to provide safe and congenial atmosphere to the students. Separate hostel facilities are available for boys and girls on campus. The living spaces are structured to inspire harmony. We have spared no pains to make the surroundings fresh and green. Only in such a beautiful atmosphere can there be the germination of productive thoughts and ideas.
It is their home away from home. Our ideas of the dormitories, unlike other institutions, is an area meant for the students to study, relax and socialize.
Any form of ragging is strictly prohibited and attracts severe punishments
Hostel Facilities : Features
- Separate Hostels for Boys and Girls on Campus.
- Furnished Rooms and attached bathroom in Boys Hostel.
- Beauty Parlour in Girls Hostel.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited and strict discipline is maintained.
- Medical Care, Health Clinic, 24 hrs Security & House-keeping facility available.
- 24 hrs power back up.
- Nutritious and multi cuisine delicacy .
- Access to Computer Lab, Library, Recreation Center, Gymnasium.
- A Senior Faculty Member as Warden-Friend-Guide is the exclusive feature of the Hostel.
- Students are required to follow the rules of the Hostel as prescribed by the Management from time to time.
- The hostel fee will be charged for one complete academic year and students desirous of joining the hostel in between the academic year may do so, after paying the hostel fees for the entire academic year
- Students who desire not to avail the hostel facilities for the next academic year are required to vacate the room while proceeding on vacation at the end of the current academic year and complete the formalities for obtaining a clearance certificate from the hostel warden.
- If the student does not vacate the room while proceeding on vacation at the end of the academic year, then he / she will have to pay the hostel fee for the next academic year
- Final year students of MCA will be permitted to vacate the hostel at the end of fifth semester.
- Final semester students will have to compulsorily vacate the hostel within 7 days after the completion of the examination.
- Students found staying in the Hostel without paying the requisite fees or without obtaining proper permission from the competent authorities will be evicted from the hostel without any prior notice and the management will not be responsible for any loss/damage of the items or inconvenience caused during the eviction process.
- Student should carry the “Hostel Identity Card” at all times. The security personnel are authorized to check the “Hostel Identity Card” any time within the Hostel premises.
- Students should strictly adhere to the Hostel Timings.
- The visiting hours for Parents & relatives are:
- Monday to Friday – 5.30 P.M to 7.30 P.M
- Saturdays – 4.00 P.M to 7.30 P.M
- Sundays – 10.00 A.M to 7.30 P.M
- Visitors are not allowed inside the student’s room. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the student, who takes the visitor to the room.
- Students should give attendance by 09.30 P.M. Prior permission must be obtained from the hostel warden incase the student returning to the hostel after 09.30 P.M. Failure to obtain prior permission will initiate disciplinary action against the student.
- If any student wants to take leave of absence from hostel, prior permission should be taken from the warden and a formal leave letter should be submitted to the warden.
- Students are permitted to stay away from the hostel at night, with relatives / guardians, only after obtaining prior permission from the warden.
- Consumption of alcoholic drinks, use of drugs, smoking etc. are strictly prohibited inside the Hostel.
- Posters or stickers should not be pasted on the walls of the rooms.
- Clothing’s should not be hung on the window grills.
- The rooms and hostel premises should be kept clean and tidy.
- Students should switch of the lights and fans while leaving the room and close water taps after use.
- Damage to any property in common areas like corridors, dining hall, lobby etc would be strictly dealt with. A penalty equivalent to twice the value of the damage property will be levied to all Hostelites.
- Damage / loss of any items issued to the student, equivalent amount will be deducted from the caution deposit.
- Students are advised to take care of their valuables and the Management/ warden will not be responsible for any loss / theft / damage to such things.
- Management will have the right to expel any student from the hostel on disciplinary ground and in any such case, the entire hostel fees including the caution deposit will be forfeited.
- Students who become not eligible to attend regular classes for higher semester will not be permitted to avail hostel facilities.
- Students are not permitted to carry mess plates/ glass to their rooms.
- Hostel students are not permitted to keep two/four wheelers in the campus.
Sports at the NHCE are played with much fervour and passion. There is emphasis on regular exercise and physical fitness. All games are supervised by professional coaches. Team spirit and the desire to give the best possible performance are our watchwords. Within a short span of time NHCE has seen tremendous improvement in the technique, fitness level as well as performance of our students in the sports arena. Our students regularly participate in tournaments including those at the state level.
The college also provides sports facilities at all campuses for the students. These facilities include grounds to play Cricket, Football, Volleyball and Basketball. The campus also offers an Indoor Stadium with state-of-the-art facility and which has indoor courts for Basket Ball, Volleyball court and Badminton. The Campus also features a well equipped Gymnasium as well as recreational facilities where students can enjoy a host of indoor games including Table Tennis.
- NHCE volley ball team emerged as winners in SAI Leo Trophy-2016.
- NHCE volley ball team emerged as winners in New Horizon Cup 2016 and bagged a cash prize of 25,000.
- NHCE volley ball team emerged as runners up in VTU Bangalore Central Zone Volleyball Tournament Held at CIT,Bangalore.
- NHCE volley ball team emerged as runners up in VTU INTER ZONE VOLLEY BALL TOURNAMENT Held at JNNCE,Shimoga.
- NHCE volley ball team emerged as fourth place in "VIE-2016" All India Inter-collegiate Volley Ball Tournament Held at Jain University,BAngalore
- NHCE kabbadi team emerged as winners in VTU Bangalore Central Zone 2016
- NHCE nepali football team emerged as winners in new horizon cup 2016 and bagged cash prize of 150000.
- NHCE nepali football team emerged as runners-up in RRIT Football Tournament Held at RRIT,Bangalore.
- NHCE basketball men's team emerged as runners-up in new horizon cup 2016 and bagged cash prize of 12000.
- NHCE basketball women's team emerged as runners-up in new horizon cup -2016.
- NHCE basketball men's team emerged as runners-up in RNSIT basketball tournament 2016.
- NHCE basketball women's team emerged as second runners-up in REVA STATE LEVEL BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT 2016.
- NHCE kabbadi team emerged as second runners-up SAI LEO TROPHI 2016.
- NHCE kabbadi team emerged as second runners-up VTU INTERZONE 2016.
- NHCE Handball team emerged as winners in VTU BANGALORE CENTRAL ZONE HANDBALL TOURNAMENT Held at BMSCE,Bangalore.
- NHCE volley ball men team emerged winner in VTU inter collegiate Bangalore central zone volley ball tournament 2015-16.
- NHCE volley ball men team emerged winners in IFIM cup on Feb. 2015
- NHCE volley ball men team emerged winners in R.N.S.I.T Bangalore 24th March 2015
- NHCE volley ball men team emerged as winner in volley ball home tournament and bagged a cash prize of RS 25000 /- and trophy on 11th April 2015.
- NHCE volley ball men team emerged second runners-up in NMIT college Bangalore on March 2015
- NHCE volley ball men team emerged second runners-up in SAI RAM college of engineering on 21st April 2015
- New Horizon College of Engineering was declared as “WINNERS” in the VTU inter collegiate Volleyball tournament, organized by NHCE on 08th and 09th April 2014.
- New Horizon College of Engineering was declared as “WINNERS” in the State Level Volleyball tournament, organized by MVJ College of Engineering in the month of April 2014·
- New Horizon College of Engineering was declared as “WINNERS” in the VTU inter collegiate Volleyball tournament, Bangalore central zone organized by H K B K on 18th and 19th February 2014
- New Horizon College of Engineering was declared “WINNERS” in the Volley ball Inter Collegiate tournament conducted by I I M B Bangalore, in the month of January 2014.
- NHCE Basketball men’s team emerged winners in RNSIT Bangalore on 24th March 2015
- NHCE basketball men’s team emerged winners in home tournament and bagged a cash of RS 25000 /- and trophy on 9th April 2015
- NHCE basketball men’s team emerged runners up in VTU inter collegiate Bangalore central zone on 11th April 2015
- NHCE basketball emerged second runners up in VTU inter zone on 16th May 2015
- NHCE basket ball men’s team emerged as runner’s up in St. John’s medical college on 30th August 2015
- NHCE basketball men’s team emerged as runners up in Dr. M.S Ramaiah memorial inter engineering college basketball tournament organized by MSRIT on 6th October 2015
- NHCE basketball men’s team emerged as Runner up in International sports fest INFINI (2015) basketball tournament organized by PES University.
- New Horizon College of Engineering was declared as “WINNERS” in the State Level Basketball tournament, organized by Christ unvrsity, Bangalore.
- New Horizon College of Engineering was declared as “WINNERS” in the VTU inter collegiate Basketball tournament organized by NHCE on 10th and 11th April 2014.
- New Horizon College of Engineering was declared as “WINNERS” in the VTU inter collegiate Basketball tournament, Bangalore central zone organized by MSRIT.
- NHCE emerged as VTU Champions by beating RVCE in the VTU Inter Zone Basket Ball Tournament organized by SIT Tumkur on 25th April, 2014.
- NHCE basketball women’s team emerged second runner’s up in Dr. M.S Ramaiah memorial intern engineering college basketball tournament organized by MSRIT on 6th October 2015.
- NHCE basketball women’s team emerged as Runner up in International sports fest INFINI- 2015 basketball tournament organized by PES University.
- NHCE women's basketball team emerged as Second runner’s up in VTU single zone women’s basket ball tournament on 16th April 2015.
- NHCE basket ball women’s team emerged runner’s up in St. Francis de sales college and cash prize of Rs.5000
- NHCE men’s kabbadi mens' team emerged as “Winner's” in INFINI international sports fest organized by PES University on 30th October 2015.
- NHCE kabbadi mens' team emerged as winner’s in VTU inter collegiate Bangalore central zone on 11th April 2015.
- NHCE kabbadi mens' team emerged as winner’s in Sai Leo trophy conducted by Sai ram college 21st April 2015.
- NHCE kabbadi mens' team emerged as second runner’s up in VTU inter zone kabbadi tournament held at A.P.S college engineering on 29th April 2015.
- NHCE kabbadi men's team emerged as Winner’s in M.V.J memorial kabbadi tournament.
- New Horizon College of Engineering was declared as “WINNERS” in the Inter College Kabbadi Tournament conducted by MVJCE defeating them on 25th September 2014.
- New Horizon College of Engineering was declared as “WINNERS” in the VTU inter collegiate kabbadi tournament, Bangalore Zonal organized by Acharya Institute of Technology.
- NHCE foot ball mens' team emerged as “Winner’s” in UVCE football tournament on April 2015.
- Runner’s up in DSCE football tournament on 26th of April 2015.
- NHCE hand ball mens' team emerged as winner’s in Devadan cup 2015 organized by Christ university on 18th April 2015.
- New Horizon College of engineering emerged as overall champions in annual international sports fest INFINI 2015 organized by PES University on 30th October 2015. (kabbadi, Basketball men's and Basketball women’s).