The College library is a treasure house of knowledge .The major objectives of our library is to provide right information/Knowledge to the right users at the right time. It has over 15,225 volumes of books and through Institutional membership e-journals and e-books can be accessed under the project titled ‘ National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for scholarly Content (N-LIST). e-resource is equipped with 19 systems to access the e-resources. Information and center has Wi-Fi connectivity which enables the users to use their own laptops within the library. The Library holds a collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include journals /magazines, course materials, past years question papers, Bound Volumes, Project Reports, case studies, paper publications, Conference proceedings, training manuals, and CDs/DVDs, etc.
The library has spread over two floors with 150 seating capacity reading hall, digital library and book and stationary shop are placed on the ground floor and Stack Area, Reference Section, Circulation Counter, OPAC Search, Journals/Magazines and News Paper Section are made available in the lower Level of the library building. Each Student gets ID Card and have access to six books and faculty members can borrow eight books. Security of resources is ensured through a system of checking at the exit point for all resources borrowed by the users. CCTV cameras are installed in the library for surveillance.
Accreditation Status: Preparing for NAAC
- To provide student-centred learning environment that facilitates transference of information and to cater to the need of its users.
- To provide comprehensive resources and services in support of teaching, research and learning needs of the academic community.
- Library Spread over two floor.
- Stack Area
- SC/ST Book Bank
- Reference Section
- Periodicals, News paper and Magazines Section.
- Digital Library
- Books and Stationary Shop
- Reading Hall
- Circulation Section
- Reference Services
- Reprographic services
- Document Scanning
- Document Printing
- Inter Library Loan
- OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalog)
- Overnight Circulation
- E-Mail Remainder
- Book Exhibition Organising
- News Paper Clipping
|NON – BOOK COLLECTIONS|
|CD- ROMs and DVDs||324|
- MONDAY –FRIDAY - 8:20 A.M – 5.00 P.M
- SATURDAY - 8:20 A.M – 3.00 P.M
- MONDAY – FRIDAY - 8.30 A.M – 4..30 P.M
- SATURDAY - 8:30 A.M – 2.30 P.M
- Identity card should be shown at the checkpoint.
- Bags, handbags and personal belongings to be left at the property counter.
- Students are prohibited from carrying any notebook inside the reference section except loose sheets.
- Eatables are strictly prohibited in the library.
- To maintain silence in the library.
- No person shall write on, damage or make any mark on any book, journal or other material belongings to the library.
- Reserve books are kept separately in circulation counter for two days and thereafter the same will be issued to the next member.
- All Students must return the books at the end of each Semester / year.
- Books should be handled with great care and mutilation of books in any manner will be fined.
- Students / Staff can suggest books/periodicals for consideration for inclusion in the library.
- Students can retain the books for 15 days only, after which a fine for
₹ 1/- per book per day will be charged after 15 days of issue.
₹ 2/- per book per day will be charged after 30 days of issue.
₹ 3/- per book per day will be charged after 45 days of issue, and suspension from the Library Membership.
- Staff should submit their books on / or before the last working day of an academic year.
- Books lost by the borrowers have to be reported immediately to the
- Maintain a Queue at the circulation counter
- Wearing ID Card is compulsory.
- Usage of mobile phone is prohibited.
- Principal 8 books
- Faculty 8 books
- Student 6 books
- Admin Staff 2 books
- of Collegiate Education
- World fact book
- Website for girls
- Free medical journals
- RePEc ( Research papers in Economics
- Selected Open Access Journals
- Directory of Open Access Repositories
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Directory of Open Access Databases (LOADB)
- Digital Library of India
- The National Sciences of Digital Library
- National Digital Library of India ( free registration is required to access NDL resources)
- National Science Foundation
- Net ( reliable and authoritative news views and analysis on information about science and technology for global development)
- Computing Research Respository (Cornell University USA)
- The WWW Virtual Library
- Sociosite(Social Science)
- Vidyanidhi: Indian digital library of electronic theses( University of Mysore)
- Digital Access to Scholarship at Harvard
- Caltech: THESIS: A Caltech Library Service
- Taylor & Francis
- Medknow Publications: Published of peer reviewed scholarly journals
- Free Medical Journals
- Springer Open
- NISCAIR Online Periodicals Repository
- NCERT Journals
- Indian Academy of Sciences
- Academic Journals ( Science, Art, Education, Legal)
- Journal of Digital Information
- org(Impact factor Science/Social Science)
- Directory of Open Access Books
- Book Gold Mine
- The complete work of Shakespeare
- OAPEN(LAW, Social Science, Sciences, Arts and Humanities)
- The Library staff visits other libraries to assimilate their viable practices and make efforts to adopt the methods.
- The NHCK Library provides a well-established Digital library, where the Students can access Electronic resources.
- Book Exhibition will be organized once in a year.
- To receive an online feedback from students / faculty members with regard to facilities, resources, and services.
- A erudite library homepage is created for information dissemination.
- 24/7 Access to electronic Resources through remote Access.
- The Library sends an E-mail remainder to collect reserved books from the library.
- Two extra books are issued to the Branch Toppers.
3rd ‘A’ Cross, 2nd ‘A’ Main
Kasturinagar, East of NGEF Layout
Bangalore – 560 043
: +91-97417 55044
Admissions : email@example.com
Academics : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office : email@example.com