Internal Quality Assurance Committee
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure.IQAC at a Glance:
- Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
- The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions.
- The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions.
- During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of New Horizon College-Kasturi Nagar
- To organize inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- To document various programmes/activities of NHC-K, leading to quality improvement.
- To prepare the SSR and Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institution based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC,) in the prescribed format.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Promotion of measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC MemberMs. Kalpana V (Co-coordinator)