Dr. T. Logeswari
Head of the Department, BCA
Our College is one of the premier institutions, unique like a prism reflecting the manifold shades of learning and co-curricular activities. The department of Computer Science believes that this approach to teaching-learning, coupled with practical experience gained during Industrial Training in reputed organizations, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the software industry.
We strongly encourage innovation in research, in teaching and in service to the profession, the local community and industry. Our faculty and students are constantly striving to excel and to advance the state of the art in Computer Science. The strength of the department is highly motivated students who understand the dynamics of the industry and upgrade their skills accordingly.
Learning is a continuous process and does not end with the acquisition of a degree; there are several ways to present the canonical core of Computer Science. Over the years we have developed a distinct style and method that bridges knowledge gained and employability skills through Industry Institute Collaboration.
To empower students for globalised technological society possessing human values and emerging to serve the needs of the industry and nation.
To integrate knowledge, skill and current techniques that will sustain an environment of learning and creativity among the students through holistic and value based education.
To provide a platform to enhance technical, programming and designing skills for developing Computer based solutions.
To groom students with IT skills and values for global competency so as to enable learning and applying new innovations.
About the Department
The Department of Computer Application (BCA) visualizes imparting high distinction skills in software Development to excel in Software Industry and to train the students to develop the soft skills with global standards and enhance their knowledge in Information Technology.
The BCA department aims to develop academically competent and professionally motivated personals, equipped with objective and critical thinking that compassionately foster the scientific temper with a sense of social responsibility.
The BCA Department aims at providing high quality training to students through the latest and best in computer technology. In order to maintain the standard of education, the BCA department constantly upgrades the academic syllabi so as to keep the students well trained to deal with changing trends in the field of Computer Science and Technology.
The BCA department has a good record, as many students have been placed well in good IT Companies through campus placement. The curriculum and the lab training help the students in acquiring excellence in their career.
The Hallmark of the BCA Department is its stable, qualified, experienced and committed team of faculty members. The BCA department has a well-administered laboratory and a well-stocked library, with a successful track record of placement.
The BCA department also focuses on extra-curricular activities and encourages students to participate in various activities in-house as well as external.
Teaching and Learning are two sides of the same coin and need to join if the entire process has to synthesize in order to bring about desired changes in the effective pattern of understanding and learning by a student.
At present, we follow the traditional use of the Chalk board to disseminate knowledge to the students of the Institution. We also encourage the use of various medias like the Over Head Projector, Slide Projectors, etc.,
- The use of traditional methods of teaching coupled with technology makes the programme more student centric. Activities like Group Discussions, Seminars, Symposia, Quiz etc., makes for the better understanding of the subject at hand. Students are exposed to various channels of the electronic media, Guest lectures, Special Instructional Programmes, Gyan Darshan and Experts talk to ignite the young minds and to influence them for perfect learning.
- Special instructional programmes such as Tutorials, Remedial Coaching and Mentoring System are being practiced at an individual level to help slow learners and non performers.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cells (IQAC) is established to monitor and review the academic progress. Students’ performance is assessed through Assignments, Unit Tests, Term End Internal Examinations, while teachers’ performance is monitored through Self Appraisal Reports and Academic Performance Indicators.
- The Institution also meticulously plans and organizes updated teaching schedule with the given inputs for the benefit of the teaching and learning community.
- Students centered methods like review, questioning, quizzing, deliberations on the subject are all an integral part of the pedagogy adopted by the faculty.
- Experiential learning, Participative learning, problem solving methodologies are used to enhance learning experiences.
- Latest technologies, namely e-learning, are used by the faculty for effective teaching.
- The learning environment is conducive for critical thinking, creativity and scientific temper.
- The Institution follows a mentor – mentee system to meet the academic and personal needs of students.
- The Institution gives due recognition to innovative and creative contributions of its faculty and students.
- Project / Field experiences are integrated into the learning programmes.
- The teaching – learning process is enhanced by the constructive feedback given to teachers on their teaching methodology.
The institution’s internal evaluation system is one such methodology adopted to identify an advanced learner. Certain mechanisms which identify their learning needs are based on the students’ curiosity to explore new avenues which is identified by their questioning skills, learning ability and quest for learning.
These advanced learners would be dealt separately and individual special attention is given to them. Over and above the curriculum taught, attempts are made to provide them with additional input, knowledge, curriculum for learning etc., by way of modules, subject, projects, skill development with hands on experience etc., so that these learners are benefitted in the process.
The support structures and systems available for teachers to develop skills for interactive learning are seminars, topic based discussions, subjective role plays, debating etc., which play an important role in the further fuelling of a students’ curiosity.
Live and vestibule projects are used for collaborative learning and group learning which helps the student in individual learning by preparing notes, assignments, participating in group discussions, activity based learning programme like exhibition, case study analysis, research activities and through presenting papers.VALUE ADDITIONS
The institution provides various platforms for students to participate in live projects, workshops, Value added practical’s within the campus to ensure that students are always innovative and practical in approach.
Keeping in mind these two perspectives the value added courses such as CA coaching, CAT coaching, Tally, Global Certification, Foreign Educational Tour and Soft Skills , PDP, Capital marketing, CISCO , Jet king and CPT are provided along with the prescribed course of the University.CO-CURRICULAR AND EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
A student will opt for one of the following activities offered by the college, in each of the first four semesters of the undergraduate programmes. The activity carries a credit each and will be internally assessed for 50 marks. The following may include the CC & EC (Co-curricular and Extension activities)
- N.S.S. / N.C.C
- Sports and Games
- Physical Education or Activities related to Yoga
- Field studies / Industry Implant Training
- Involvement in campus publication
- Publication of articles in news papers, magazines or other publications
- Community work such as promotion of National Integrity, Environment, Human rights and duties, Peace, Civic sense etc.
- A Small project work concerning the achievements of India in various fields
- Evolution of study groups/seminar circles on Indian thoughts and ideas
- Involvement in popularization programmes such as scientific temper
- Activity exploring different aspects of Indian civilizations
- Computer assisted/web-based learning and e-library skills
- Innovative compositions and creations in music, performing and visual arts etc.
Evaluation of Co & Extra Curricular Activities shall be as per the drawn proposition and guidelines of the course / activities.
- Report on Industrial Expo Gamer
- Industrial Visit to Indian Institute Of Science
- II & III year BCA went on an Industrial Visit to RMC Electronics Pvt Ltd, Bangalore - 31.03.2017.
- INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIAL VISIT TO EUROPE - JANUARY 2017...Click to view photos
- NHC - II & III year BCA students went on an industrial visit to Sap Lab Whitefiled on 27.10.2016
- I semester BCA students went on an industrial visit to ISRO Satellite Centre on 14.10.2016
- NHC - IV Semester BCA students ,Industrial visit to ISRO Satellite Centre on 26-04-216
- NHC - I and III year BCA students, Industrial visit to ISRO Satellite Centre on 25-04-2016
- II & III year BCA went on an Industrial Visit to RMC Electronics Pvt Ltd, Bangalore - 31.03.2017....Click to view photos
- A report on technozarre junior 2018 29/12/2018
- Department of Computer science organized industrial expo on 15/12/2018
- DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE organised Hunt the code competition was organized on 3rd September 2018 at new Horizon College from Kasturinagar, Bangalore
- Department of computer science organised guest lecture on Microprocessors 8085 & interrupts on 31/07/2018
- Department of computer science organised guest lecture on Operating Systems on 13/07/2018
- Department of computer science organised workshop on Techiemock up project compitation
- One day national level workshop on Python and Data science
- New Horizon College, Kasturinagar, organized an International Conference on “INNOVATIVE STRTEGIES FOR SUSTAINABLE GROWTH”, on 17-10-18
- Webinar Report on Azure on 11/09/2018
- VI semester BCA students attended seminar on "Career after MCA" at New Horizon College , Marathalli - 08.03.2017 .
- NNHC - Second Semester BCA students celebrated Women's Day as a part of CC&EC Activity - 08.03.2017. Photo session and Oath Taking was the part of celebration.
- Department of Computer Science organized "NCA2CS - 2017" National Conference on "Advanced Computing and Communication Systems" - 23.02.2017.
Title of the Paper:
1. Modified AODV(M-AODV) and SNuPM Algorithm with Secured MANET.
2. Comparison of Detecting Black Hole attack for AODV and DSR using Fuzzy Approach in MANET.
Cheif Guest: K Thamizhmaran, Asst. Prof. in ECE Annamalai University, Tamilnadu.
- Hindi National Level One Day Seminar 'Prayaas - 2017' conducted - 22.02.2017. Topic: Hindi Rangamanch Evam Natak Kal, Aaj Aur Kal. Cheif Guest: Dr. Rekha Roy - Dean of Hindi Dept., Atal Vihari Vajpai Hindi University, Bopal MP. Prof. Mohammed Arif - Founder & Director of Script Peoples Theatre Bangalore, & Prof of Performing Art in Christ University. Dr. Shobha L - HOD of Hindi Dept., MS Ramaiah Commerce and Science College Bangalore.
- ` Prayaas - 2016' National Hindi Seminar organised in NHC, Hindi department Prayaas - 2016 book was released by Hindi Dept. on 22.02.2017 during Prayaas 2017.
- 2nd National Level IQAC Conference conducted. Main Theme: Conference Revolve Around - Quality Initiatives to be adopted in Higher Educational Institutions towards Sustenance and Growth. Topic: 1. Need to Bring in Positive Behaviour in Students for better learning - Student Centric Approach 2. The Effective use of Innovative Methodologies in Teaching leads to better implications in learning pattern - A way for successful results. 3. To overcome Challenges of Quality Initiatives in Teaching and Learning - A success factor for Higher Educational Institutions. 4. Quality as a policy in Higher Educational Institutions towards meeting the relentless competitions. Conference Panelists: Dr. S. Edwin Christopher, Principal, NHC, Kasurinagar, Bangalore. Prof K Rajalakshmi - Retired Prof. Dept of Psychology. Dr. Seshagiri L N - Associate Prof, Dept of English, Co-Ordinator - State Quality Assurance Cell, Government of Karnataka. Dr. Dharmadhikari N S - Retired Principal, NAAC Peer Team Member, Ex Member UGC, Pune - Maharashtra.
- Department of English conducted Guest Lecture for Second Year B.Com and BCA Students. Topic on "Drama" - 17.02.2017. Cheif Guest: Asst Prof. Akhila HG from Centre of Graduate Studies, Jain College, Jain University Bangalore.
- NHC - Department of Commerce organized "Best Manager" for all B.Com, BBA & BCA students- 30.01.2017.
Sneha P - IV Sem BCA - I Prize
Varun Raj - IV Sem B.Com 'B' sec - II Prize
Harshith G - IV Sem B.Com 'C' sec - III Prize
- Department of Computer Science organized MEGA IT Computer Exhibition 2016 (Digital India), various schools and colleges visited our Exhibition and gained knowledge in Museum - Digital Systems, Information Systems, Communication System, Poster Presentation, Gaming - 16.09.2016 & 17.09.2016
- One day Seminar organized for BCA students on "KALAM'S DREAM - 2020" by Flying Cyborg, Computer Science Department - 13.08.2016. Theme: "Challenges in Advanced Computing Technology" Topics: 1. Kalam's Dream 2020 by Mr. H N Suresh Kumar Senior Scientist, Space Craft Mechanism Section - ISRO 2. Developing world class data, scientist who will make India proud through analytical capablities by Mr. Phaneendra Akula, Team Leader - TESCO 3. Virtualization by Mr. Babu Ebenezer, HR WIPRO 4. Pervasive Computing Technology by Mrs. Jaya Lakshmi, HOD St Claret College. 5. Digitalizing India by Mr. Rudra Swamy, Asst. Prof. Reva College.
- Dr. Neelima Dubey - Associate . Prof. Mrs. Uma Choudary - Asst. Prof. Mrs. Reshma Sanjay - Student Counsellor Department of Hindi organized Seminar - YOGAKSHAR 2016 for all BBA, B.Com, BCA students - 10.08.2016. Topic : ‘Bharathiya Sabhyatha Par Pashchathya Prabhav' & 'Shehar Main Mahilaon Ke Suraksha' Cheif Guest - Prof. Lata Chauhan from Dr. Ambedkar First Grade College for first session (14students) Dr. Ranjana Pillai from Sindhi College for second session (22 students)
- Alumini Network Seminar on 'Cloud Computing' from HP company organised by computer science dept. Dharshini (2012-2015 batch) from HP organised the program - 16.07.2016
- "Guest Lecture" on Significance of final year project for final years and "Flying Cyborg" forum inaugurated by dept of computer science for BCA students (I, II, III year). Chief guest: Mr. Suguresh Patil from CSST Global Technologies - 15.07.2016
- Dept. of BCA organised technical Symposia. Three groups has presented a paper on data mining, security threats and Mobile Jammer - 17-03-2016
- Dept of ARG Organised a Seminar on "Entrepreneur" for all Under graduate students resource person Mr. Vinay Bharadwaj from Singapore,Standard Chartered Bank - 26-03-2016.
- Seminar organized for I & II year BCA students on “Visual C++ environment". Mrs.Rama Shankar from Maharani Lakshmi Ammani College, Malleshwaram was the guest speaker - 19-02-2016
- ARG organized a National level conference of IQAC. Dr. V Prabhu Dev (Christ University) and Dr. Veeresh B (NHPUC) were the guest speaker on 24/02/16 for morning and afternoon session respectively. Dr. A Arjunnan (MTN College Madurai) and Dr. S Edwin Christopher (Principal NHC -K) were the guest speaker on 25/02/2016 for morning and afternoon session respectively. There were 24 participants from other colleges in and around Bangalore, Goa, Madurai, Mysore and Kolar. 22 faculties of NHC and 23 students of NHC participated in this conference. - 24-02-2016 & 25-02-2016
- One day Hindi National Seminar 'Prayas 2016' conducted. 25 Participants presented their papers - 29-01-2016. Dr. Rushaba Deo Sharma - President Higher Eduation and Research, South India Hindi Prachar Sabha, Hyderabad was the Chief Guest and key note speaker of the programme. Dr.Renurani Shukla - MLA Academy for Higher Learning Bangalore was the guest and mentor of the first session and Dr. Poornimadevi K V - Sree Cauvery Management College Bangalore was the guest and mentor of the second session.