Ms. Jyothi Jayaraj
Head of the Department, BBA
The Bachelor of Business Administration is a dynamic programme that develops the students’ potentials of being leaders, entrepreneurs, academicians as well as researchers in the field of business/business education. The college follows the Bangalore University curriculum which is perfectly designed for Sculpting an individual with conceptual, analytical as well as empirical approaches and strengthening their communication skills thus building their potential to grow in myriad roles within the industry or the world of business.
To expose the students with realistic industry environment, the department organizes national and international industrial visits, invites Senior Managers from Industry for Guest Lectures to share their experiences, organises seminars, workshops, college fests and management games. Proliferate Value Added Programmes selectively chosen keeping in mind.
kinds of potential that today’s generation exhibit are an added uniqueness of the programme. Students are being encouraged to participate in various Lectures, Seminars, Workshops outside the campus and to participate in various Cultural and Literary events held in various colleges and Universities. The college campus is well-equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure to allow students the space they need to unleash their creativity be it academics, cultural or sports.
New Horizon College is one of the BEST BBA Colleges in Bangalore NHCK ranked amongst the top BBA colleges in Bangalore
To create and nurture global humane leaders for business excellence and better society
To provide a learning environment to imbibe the business capabilities for effective decision making with ethical, societal and environmental values To build strong manpower with global exposure for quality contribution towards business excellence. Foster think tanks in global business solutions with a holistic approach.
DEPARTMENT OF BBA
The degree is designed to give a broad knowledge of the functional areas of a company, and their interconnection, while also allowing for specialization in a particular area. BBA programs thus expose students to a variety of “core subjects” and allow students to specialize in a specific academic area; see MBA program content. The degree also develops the student’s practical managerial skills, communication skills and business decision-making capability. Many programs thus incorporate training and practical experience, in the form of case projects, presentations, internships, industrial visits, and interaction with experts from the industry.
- Human Resource Management.
- International Business.
- Legal Management.
- Management Information Systems.
- Operations Management.
- Real Estate.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Tourism Management.
- Advertising Agencies.
- IT Companies.
- Consumer Durable Companies.
NHCk is among the Best BBA Colleges in Bangalore
TEACHING AND LEARNING
Teaching and Learning are two sides of the same coin and need to join if the entire process has to synthesize in order to bring about desired changes in the effective pattern of understanding and learning by a student.
At present, we follow the traditional use of the Chalk board to disseminate knowledge to the students of the Institution. We also encourage the use of various medias like the Over Head Projector, Slide Projectors, etc.
- The use of traditional methods of teaching coupled with technology makes the programme more student centric. Activities like Group Discussions, Seminars, Symposia, Quiz etc., makes for the better understanding of the subject at hand. Students are exposed to various channels of the electronic media, Guest lectures, Special Instructional Programmes, Gyan Darshan and Experts talk to ignite the young minds and to influence them for perfect learning.
- Special instructional programmes such as Tutorials, Remedial Coaching and Mentoring System are being practiced at an individual level to help slow learners and non performers.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cells (IQAC) is established to monitor and review the academic progress. Students’ performance is assessed through Assignments, Unit Tests, Term End Internal Examinations, while teachers’ performance is monitored through Self Appraisal Reports and Academic Performance Indicators.
- The Institution also meticulously plans and organizes updated teaching schedule with the given inputs for the benefit of the teaching and learning community.
- Students centered methods like review, questioning, quizzing, deliberations on the subject are all an integral part of the pedagogy adopted by the faculty.
- Experiential learning, Participative learning, problem solving methodologies are used to enhance learning experiences.
- Latest technologies, namely e-learning, are used by the faculty for effective teaching.
- The learning environment is conducive for critical thinking, creativity and scientific temper.
- The Institution follows a mentor – mentee system to meet the academic and personal needs of students.
- The Institution gives due recognition to innovative and creative contributions of its faculty and students.
- Project / Field experiences are integrated into the learning programmes.
- The teaching – learning process is enhanced by the constructive feedback given to teachers on their teaching methodology.
The institution’s internal evaluation system is one such methodology adopted to identify an advanced learner. Certain mechanisms which identify their learning needs are based on the students’ curiosity to explore new avenues which is identified by their questioning skills, learning ability and quest for learning.
These advanced learners would be dealt separately and individual special attention is given to them. Over and above the curriculum taught, attempts are made to provide them with additional input, knowledge, curriculum for learning etc., by way of modules, subject, projects, skill development with hands on experience etc., so that these learners are benefitted in the process.
The support structures and systems available for teachers to develop skills for interactive learning are seminars, topic based discussions, subjective role plays, debating etc., which play an important role in the further fuelling of a students’ curiosity.
Live and vestibule projects are used for collaborative learning and group learning which helps the student in individual learning by preparing notes, assignments, participating in group discussions, activity based learning programme like exhibition, case study analysis, research activities and through presenting papers.
The institution provides various platforms for students to participate in live projects, workshops, Value added practical’s within the campus to ensure that students are always innovative and practical in approach.
Keeping in mind these two perspectives the value added courses such as CA coaching, CAT coaching, Tally, Global Certification, Foreign Educational Tour and Soft Skills , PDP, Capital marketing, CISCO , Jet king and CPT are provided along with the prescribed course of the University.
CO-CURRICULAR AND EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
A student will opt for one of the following activities offered by the college, in each of the first four semesters of the undergraduate programmes. The activity carries a credit each and will be internally assessed for 50 marks. The following may include the CC & EC (Co-curricular and Extension activities)
- S.S. / N.C.C
- Sports and Games
- Physical Education or Activities related to Yoga
- Field studies / Industry Implant Training
- Involvement in campus publication
- Publication of articles in news papers, magazines or other publications
- Community work such as promotion of National Integrity, Environment, Human rights and duties, Peace, Civic sense etc.
- A Small project work concerning the achievements of India in various fields
- Evolution of study groups/seminar circles on Indian thoughts and ideas
- Involvement in popularization programmes such as scientific temper
- Activity exploring different aspects of Indian civilizations
- Computer assisted/web-based learning and e-library skills
- Innovative compositions and creations in music, performing and visual arts etc.
Evaluation of Co & Extra Curricular Activities shall be as per the drawn proposition and guidelines of the course / activities.
Program Educational Objectives
- Able to successfully handle the critical aspects in functional areas of business management.
- Enable students to take up higher education to become business professionals, researchers, consultants and teachers with core competencies and skills
- Produce entrepreneurs with focus on global sustainable growth.
- Create business leaders who are committed and ethical corporate citizens.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Build analytical skill to gauge socio-political and economic environment influence on business organisations
- To develop skills with respect to data analytics and personality enhancement.
- Ability to design and develop solutions to solve complex business problems by using business and managerial knowledge and know-how.
- Creation of expert business professionals for long term industrial sustainability.
- Conduct business on the grounds of societal and ethical standards.
- Exhibit strong managerial skills to build a confident individual.
- Demonstrate an environment of constant learning and communication for active team building.
- Develop strong responsible individuals for environmental protection and sustainable development.
- Developing Global Competency to match Corporate requirements.
- Development of IT enabled global professional expertise for solving real life business problems.
Program Outcome & Course Outcome
Foreign Language – French
There is a major demand for human resources with foreign language speaking and writing skills. Speaking French gives access to the corporate world across the globe thereby providing greater opportunities for job engagements. French is considered as one of the easiest languages for a native English speaker to learn. There’s no doubt that speaking more than one language, especially French, is an enormous advantage in the Indian employment market as well Canadian employment market. Considering that it’s the official language of 29 countries and multiple other important regions, it’s an advantage in the international job market as well
Aviation and Hospitality Management
Aviation, in a literal sense, means operating or merely flying of an aircraft. An aviation course serves as an incentive to students aspiring to make a career in the field of Aviation and Hospitality. This course grooms the students to be professional and play good hosts, which is an important prerequisite in the hospitality industry.Another chief segment of the hospitality business encompasses transportation. Hospitality provides essential services (i.e., lodging and food) for travellers, whether they are on the move for reasons of necessity, leisure or luxury. Hospitality is a major factor in every vacation and business trip, and is thus important to individual customers and to businesses. This includes airlines, trains, cruise ships and other segments that fall under this category. Travel and tourism requires knowledgeable employees in information technology as this is also considered a part of hospitality.
Digital Marketing Course
Digital marketing is a fast-paced, constantly changing career field and this domain is expected to be trending in the coming years. We live in a time where people use the internet for everything. Digital marketing will remain as the most powerful way of marketing in the future. But as the dynamics of digital marketing is changing every day, a digital marketer has to be agile, alert and smart and adapt to latest changes. Students can expect more opportunities in the internet marketing industry.
Common Admission Test
CAT – The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer based test held in India. The test scores a candidate on the bases of Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability (VA) and Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI) and Logical Reasoning (LR). The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) started this exam and use the test for selecting students for their business administration programs. The test is conducted every year by one of the IIMs based on a policy of rotation. The course started in the academic year 2013-14.
Personality Development Program (PDP)
PDP – The Personality Development Program is conducted by the Placement Cell/Life Skills Department. The personality development program helps in basics of presentations skills along with knowledge of body language so that they can deliver their presentations with professionalism and impact. Additionally, the program also focuses on effective time management techniques and some powerful tips on handling stress well in life. The program finally ends with a discussion on the leadership style that each participant has and how he/she can use this awareness to enhance his/her leadership skill in life. Completion of the course helps in corporate presentations and body language, stress management, time management etc. The course started in the academic year 2015-16.
Data Analytics – Data analysis is a process of inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making. Data analysis has multiple facets and approaches, encompassing diverse techniques under a variety of names, while being used in different business, science, and social science domains. In today’s business, data analysis is playing a role in making decisions more scientific and helping the business achieve effective operation. The course started in the academic year2014-15.
Attitude Behavior Development Program (ABDP)
ABDP – An attitude usually refers to a set of behaviors, beliefs, and emotions towards a specific event, thing, person or object. They are usually a result of an individual’s upbringing as well as experience and their influence on the behavior is very powerful. Even though attitudes are enduring, they can also undergo changes. The Attitude Development training modules of behavioral as well as soft skills will consist of all the smart skills which can be used by an individual for developing his professional and personal life.
|Name of Committee/Cell||Faculty In charge||Faculty Members|
|Value Added Programs||Ms. Jyothi Jayaraj||Ms.Bharani Ms.Sindhu Ms.Sreelakshmi|