Anti Ragging Committee
BE STRONG & EMOTIONALLY BALANCED.
Ragging is a criminal offence as per the Karnataka Educational Act 1983 and the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. NEW HORIZON COLLEGE, KASTURINAGAR ensures strict compliance on the prevention of Ragging in any form.
Ragging means “Causing, inducing, compelling or forcing a student, whether by way of practical joke or otherwise, to commit any act which detracts from human dignity or violates his/her person or exposes him/her to ridicule from committing any lawful act”.
Ragging in all its forms is banned in this college including in its departments, constituent units, all its premises (academic, residential, sports, cafeteria, etc.) whether located within the campus or outside and in all means of transportation for students whether public or private. The college will take strict action, including, but not limited to criminal proceeding and/or cancellation of admission against those found guilty of ragging and/or of abetting ragging and the burden of proof shall hereby lie on the perpetrator of the alleged ragging and not on the victim. An offence of Ragging may be charged either on a written complaint by the affected or on independent finding of the Anti Ragging Cell.
- To prohibit any inappropriate conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- To prohibit any rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear/apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
What constitutes Ragging?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts :
- Any conduct by a student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by a student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to commit any act which such student will not in the ordinary circumstance do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of a fresher or any other student.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student to complete the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, and stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse in the form of spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student .
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student.
Administrative action in the case of RaggingDepending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, to those found guilty, one or more of the following can be executed:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or International meets tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institution for a period ranging from one to four semesters
- Counseling has to be given to the indulged student and constant monitoring required
Events planned for anti ragging cell
- An anti ragging squad has to be formed
- Awareness program on Anti-Ragging
- Anti ragging poster making competition
- Creation of slogans for de-promoting anti-ragging
- Anti Ragging Kite Flying Event
Ms. Nandini N
LEKHANA REDDY. Y.R (BBA)
Cases/incidents of ragging will be reported immediately to the anti-ragging committee of the institute. Strict action as per the said act, rules and regulations will be taken against the defaulters.